Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Four.



Today's challenge was lighthearted and simple. It was a good laugh after a long day at work. I had one of those days that just seemed to drag on and then when I got home I had a long laundry list of things to do...including laundry (which I never got around to) and so I needed something to lighten the mood a bit. This was perfect.

I found a website that gave me six random words. I would turn off the lights, blindly reach into a box of crayons and draw away, hoping that my many countless hours in the art room at Notre Dame with       Mrs. Markowski would pay off. 

See for yourself. I'll add my own commentary to each picture drawn.


First up, Mr. Giraffe. 

Solid effort on trying to add the spots. Failed effort on correct amount of legs. Decent tree.

On to the cupcake.


Here's where some of what I learned in art class came in handy. Continuous lines. As you can see with the cupcake, I attempted to make the outline of the cupcake with one continuous line. And then I struggled to fill in the cherry and the icing. But hey, look at that, I managed to get the cupcake on a plate.

Now for the Port.


I'm pretty proud of this one. It has a lot of detail if you look close. 4 boats. Waves. A city skyline (in lime green). A dock (also in a very pale shade of green). And there's even a person walking on the dock. (What do you know, he's green too.)

Oh, I think it's going to rain.


I look at this and I think of Peter Gabriel's song Red Rain. What can I say, I'm a sucker for 80's music, especially Peter. I'm also pretty dang proud of that umbrella.

Senor Mustache?


Fortunate for me, what was supposed to be his mouth kind of resembles a very impressive pink goatee. And would you look at that mustache in all of it's blue glory? Amazing.


Resembles more of a kitchen sink with music notes eerily floating around it, but hey, look at my box shape. Impressive.

This definitely was the laugh I needed today. Sometimes it's just good to let loose and do something goofy. Usually for me, that's dancing in front of a mirror. Tonight, it was coloring in the dark. I will proudly display these in my room as a reminder to just lighten up and enjoy the silliness of life sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment